Date Honored: February 2006
Our father was special because:
• He always thought of others, particularly when it came to food. He loved to bake and shared cookies and recipes with others (he shared recipes with the hospice staff, too).
• He never complained about his illnesses and was an inspiration on how to die.
• He appreciated the smallest things.
• He loved his family.
• He loved and served God.
• After he died, many people shared with us the impact he made in their lives, and he did these things quietly and without fanfare.
• He had a “down home” sense of humor and always looked at the positive side of life.
~ Elaine Boyle