When to Consider Hospice Care
Too many people believe hospice and palliative care are reserved for the very last days of life, when all other options have failed. Many of those people miss the opportunity to live their last weeks or months in physical, emotional and spiritual comfort that is available.
There are signs that indicate hospice care should be a serious consideration.
For example when the patient:
- No longer responds as expected to treatments for the disease.
- Expresses concern that the burden of treatment is outweighing the benefits.
- Is in consistent pain, or when other physical symptoms are not relieved.
- Makes repeated, short-term trips to the hospital and/or emergency room.
- Is despondent about his or her condition and quality of life.
Call us at (719) 633-3400 or contact us to find out more about how Pikes Peak Hospice & Palliative Care can help. Our Call Center is staffed 24/7 by Registered Nurses who can answer your questions.