Pediatric Care Services
Are you experiencing the challenges of a life-limiting illness involving a child? The Pediatric Pathways Program can help you and your little one live more fully with a complex serious illness.
Our specialized team of medical and clinical support services surrounds the family with the right care at the right time, in their own home to improve the quality of life for those living with serious illness.
Our team focuses on providing relief from the pain, symptoms, and stress of a serious illness for both the patient and the family. It is appropriate at any stage in a serious illness and can be provided alongside curative treatment.
We may see a child for a few years during their illness and related treatment, or we may help the family during the child's end-of-life journey. What's most important is that help is available for the entire family during a difficult time.
What We Offer
- A team approach to provide expert pain and symptom management related to a child's serious illness from a pediatrician and Nurse Practitioner.
- Support of your goals and decision-making for medical treatment.
- Effective and consistent communication and collaboration with your primary physician.
- Pediatrician and/or nurse practitioner visits tailored to patient's needs.
- Telephonic support, in-home visits or at our palliative clinic office.
- Additional services by other team members including social work, spiritual care, and Complementary Therapies such as Soothing Sounds music therapy, aromatherapy, and pet therapy.
- Chronic and complex, life threatening or life shortening disease
- Medicaid and private insurance accepted
To discuss your specific situation, call us at 719.633.3400. Press 4 and ask for Pediatric Pathways.
Click here to watch a recent interview with Ira Cronin, KKTV "Your Healthy Family" to learn more about pediatric palliative care.